If you're looking for tighter, firmer and more taut skin without the pain of an invasive procedure, you've found it. See significant reconstructive differences after just one session with this advanced treatment designed to tighten the skin and stimulate and increase collagen production. Target areas of concern such as under-eye, brow, chin and neck with this total facial rejuvenation treatment. It's the little lift on your lunch-break, with minimal down-time and minimal discomfort.
To learn more, please book a private, complimentary Medi-Beauty consultation with one of our IPL-certified therapists to discuss your desired goals and customize an IPL regime to achieve your best results. Optimal results are seen between 6 to 8 treatments.
Please note: prices are quoted upon your consultation.
Skin Tightening benefits include:
- - Tighter, firmer skin
- - An increased stimulation and production of new collagen
- - Target specific areas of concern
- - Visible results with non-invasive and relatively painless treatments featuring a unique
cooling tip for extra comfort
- - No downtime
- - Safe, state-of-the-art technology
- - Highest level of care & one-on-one attention from our Medi-Beauty certified therapists
Here are a few frequently asked questions about Skin Tightening:
- What is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)?
- Pulsed light systems use hand-held flash lamps that emit gentle pulses of light which are absorbed in the skin. The treatment stimulates the growth of collagen and gives the skin a fresh and youthful look.
- How does light-based technology work?
- Light-based technology is based on a method called "selective photothermolysis", which works by selective destruction of a specific target without damaging surrounding tissue. When treating textural complaints such as fine wrinkles and large pores, the light stimulate the growth of collagen which makes the skin glow. New collagen production means skin feels firmer and tauter, with a more youthful appearance.
- Are Skin Tightening treatments painful?
- No. During the procedure, a slight, momentary stinging sensation like a quick "snap" may be felt, but not pain. The cooling tip significantly decreases discomfort.
- Are Skin Tightening treatments safe for any age?
- All pulsed-light treatments are non-invasive and safe for any age, with minimum side-effects.
- How many treatments are required?
- Although results are already apparent after the very first treatment, a minimum of 3 treatment sessions are recommended in order to reach visible clear results.
- How long does a Skin Tightening treatment take?
- Around 30 to 60 minutes depending on the technology used.
- Am I a good candidate for Skin Tightening treatments?
- The best way to know if Skin Tightening is right for you is to come in for a complimentary consultation with one of our Medi-Beauty therapists. IPL is a safe option for clients because of the non-invasive nature of the treatments. Because the pulsed light is attracted to red and brown pigments, IPL is not recommended for those with a dark complexion as treatment may result in hypo-pigmentation (uneven loss of colour in the skin).
- Is there any specific care I should be taking of my skin while having IPL treatments?
- Yes. It is essential that clients administer a strict regimen of sun protection as sun exposure can cause increased inflammation and pigmentation in treated area. Your Medi-Beauty therapist will also inform you of any and all care instructions during your complimentary consultation.
Client comfort, privacy and confidentiality are of primary importance to Gee Beauty. We will be happy to share client-approved results of treatment during your one-on-one consultation.